Treasury Management Manager
This position is responsible for leading and managing the Bank’s treasury management (TM) department. These responsibilities include overseeing the overall financial performance and management of treasury management sales; product strategy and implementation; vendor management for TM technology, products and services; development and implementation of a business plan to support the Bank’s deposit growth; grow the TM sales portfolio; and monitor the portfolio to ensure continued non-interest, fee income growth.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Establish and direct corporate treasury management activities, including strategic planning, procedures, business development, communication, implementation, monitoring and reporting of TM sales and product utilization.
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and authority to execute their assigned functions. Develops skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Oversee and manage a growing TM portfolio by cultivating new and expanding existing business through an effective bank relationship team approach, successfully engaging with key business partners (i.e. commercial banking, retail banking). Regularly achieves and/or exceeds agreed upon benchmarks and annual goals.
- Accountable for achieving/exceeding key TM department and individual sales objectives and goals in business development, client retention, revenue growth, portfolio quality, fee income, cross sales, referrals, client satisfaction, and knowledge of comprehensive treasury management solutions.
- Lead and coordinate with the Marketing team to ensure the successful implementation of marketing and promotional programs for new TM products and services. Maintains an awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in the bank’s market.
- Ensure the treasury management officers develop and implement individual sales plans, achieve assigned performance goals and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Prepare the annual department budget and prudently manages all expenses within or under budget for the TM department with attention to the overall profitability of the TM department (and Bank) through cost controls, income generation and marketing efforts.
- Participate in joint sales calls to significant relationship customers and prospects and customers with complex needs.
- Oversee and ensure treasury management relationship officers (TMRO) and Commercial Account Services (CAS) staff work together with other business line partners to meet customer service objectives.
- Analyze and monitor overall treasury management customer usage to identify and remediate customer attrition, maximize fee income and maintain sound risk management practices. Evaluates and assess current product and services to determine ongoing competitiveness and make recommendations to next level manager.
- Lead the department to continuously develop and implement new treasury management sales, products and service process improvements.
- Work collaboratively with management and Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approve personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Manage vendors, negotiates contracts, establishes performance standards and is accountable for ongoing contract administration.
- Leverage internal IT partners to ensure proper interface between vendor products and internal systems. Maintains detailed working knowledge of all products and related systems to ensure successful product management.
- Oversee and/or lead the merger and acquisition functions and integration of TM services for the department.
- Ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations and adherence to bank policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or relevant discipline - required.
- 10 years' recent treasury management experience including leading a TM sales team and demonstrating advanced understanding of all TM sales, products, services, solutions, industry and legal/regulatory requirements, which includes a minimum of 5 years in a management role, within the financial services industry, with the ability to quickly grasp and understand the Bank’s business and strategic goals and objectives – required.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification – required.
Equivalent combination of education, training, certifications, and/or comparable product marketing and management strategy experience may be considered.
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills with demonstrated expertise and success in TM business development and sales processes and strategies.
- Demonstrated and proven leadership skills to inspire pride and trust, motivate and develop sales teams to produce desired results, achieving individual and combined team sales production goals.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required to manage, motivate, oversee and develop sales team members across multiple locations. Employee development, performance management, training and employee counseling skills required.
- Strong ability to maintain and manage personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer, with the ability to provide information, data, advice and solutions, as well as gain trust and respect.
- Strong working knowledge and ability to thoroughly assess customer needs and understand customer requirements, and translate into profitable sales deliverables across a wide array of treasury management products and technologies.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain open, professional, positive and productive relationships; demonstrate cooperative behavior with management, business partners, customers and co-workers, and work effectively as a team member.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to understand and operate successfully in a rapidly changing and complex environment.
- Strategic approach to problem solving and decision-making with demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues, make decisions under pressure of time constraints and translate business development/product development challenges into opportunities.
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal skills combined with ability to communicate effectively, clearly and persuasively in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences across business lines at all levels.
- Detailed functional and technical knowledge of treasury management services, documentation and internet technologies at the bank (i.e. account analysis and TM platforms) and industry wide (i.e. developing technologies).
- Advanced working knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project / product management.
- Proven experience and leadership developing and managing TM sales/product income and expense budget(s).
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills, demonstrating strong sense of urgency and ability to execute quickly, timely and efficiently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related statutory banking and compliance regulations, operational policies and procedures, account and legal documentation and terminology for TM products and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and working knowledge of financial industry core processing and automated banking systems; working knowledge of vendor management and project management software applications and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Travel is required which may include overnight travel and extended stay availability when needed; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation;
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, which may require assisting at other locations, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5-15 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com