The Accounts Payable Specialist performs accounting and administrative duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable and general ledger transactions, in accordance with department and regulatory guidelines.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Process invoices and expense reimbursement requests for payment, in a timely and accurate manner, while adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Organize, plan, and prioritize daily workload to meet multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Perform general administrative functions such as filing, supply ordering, responding to routine inquiries, researching requests from bank personnel and vendors, organizing data or records, preparing reports, and/or preparing correspondence, while maintaining auditable records.
- Reconciles vendor statements, researches and corrects discrepancies.
- Maintain electronic records, files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Post journal vouchers for internal and external departments.\
- Prepare and assist with monthly account certifications, status reports and monthly closings.
- Ensure accurate collection of W-9 information to verify tax identification and 1099 reportable payments for assigned vendors, and assist with month end and year end reporting.
- Contribute to the success of the department, by demonstrating a willingness to share in job responsibilities and assignments.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Detail oriented with organizational, problem-solving, data review and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, and reporting requests ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical and follow up issues over the phone, in person and via email; and the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Ability to maintain and manage personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer, with the ability to provide clients with information, data, advice and solutions, as well as gain their trust and respect.
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff and demonstrate cooperative behavior with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to gain working knowledge and understanding of principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as banking policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Understanding of debit/credit relationships; math skills to balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors, to process debits and credits accurately, and adhere to customer instructions.
- Understanding of W9 requirements and 1099 processing.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures.
- Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and retrieval of data; working knowledge of automated financial and accounting systems, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- 1+ year of recent general accounting and accounts payable experience – required.
- Experience working successfully in an office environment where efficiency and accuracy are required.
- Relevant working experience in the financial services industry – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule(s) with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10-20lbs. (files, boxes, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com.