Deposit Operations Specialist
The Deposit Operations Specialist position is responsible for providing accurate and thorough bank operational and processing support in all related and assigned functions within the department, while ensuring proper processing and maintenance of deposit products and services in accordance with department and regulatory guidelines, and within prescribed deadlines.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external customers in accordance with Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Perform all activities related to legal processing, to include but not limited to garnishments, levies, Fed withholding, IOLTA/IRETA remittance and Inactive/Dormant account monitoring in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform various customer account and safe deposit maintenance to include but not limited to address changes, pricing overrides, HOC and Reg E opt decisions and inactive/dormant accounts, in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Reconcile daily branch cash reports, Loomis cash vault reports including posting customer transactions and ATM balancing entries as detailed on the Loomis reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accurately processe weekly branch cash orders; calculate cash vault needs and order and ship cash to/from Fed, as needed.
- Reconcile official bank checks and all department general ledger, and bank control accounts assigned to department.
- Respond to, research and resolve customer and staff requests for assistance in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain up to date desk procedures.
- Contribute to the success of the department with willingness to cross train and share in all department responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- 1+ years’ recent experience in bank operations, clerical accounting and/or retail banking in a financial services industry – required.
- Recent experience in retail banking, bank operations deposit account and cash vault services and reconciling, with working knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 - 10 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com