Loan Production Assistant
The Loan Production Assistant is responsible for providing broad-based administrative support to commercial lenders, from origination to closing, by assisting in the lending process of commercial loan requests through the documentation and reporting processes, while effectively balancing service, quality, compliance and relationship building.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external customers in accordance with the Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Provide assistance and operational support throughout the entire commercial loan function and coordinates the daily workflow to ensure that current loans are in complete conformity with terms.
- Ensure timely system inquiries to obtain credit history information on potential borrowers, and provides documents to the processing/servicing department for new and renewal loan closings, as required.
- Ensure timely client relationship tracking, processing paperwork, and assembling and summarizing information, as requested and/or required.
- Prepare routine correspondence, processes account changes, researches and resolves account related problems and responds to client inquiries.
- Research, compile and prepare month end reports. Review for accuracy and completeness; ensure lender(s) is apprised of any issues/problems that may arise and need immediate attention, prior to management distribution.
- Works with lender to ensure a base level of client action planning and prioritization and discusses entire portfolio of clients and prospects to ensure timely receipt of financial information, credit reports, past dues, maturity reports, tickler items, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate scanning, updates and maintenance of customer financial records within the Bank’s standard imaging system. Maintain and manage pending items and exception reports updating customer records as needed and required.
- Schedules and organizes meetings and office activities to coordinate the flow of communications.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate files and records for loan documents. Protects the confidentiality of all customer information.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of all bank products and services, and banking rules and regulations.
- Keep other department members informed of concerns, issues and/or questions arising from performance of assigned duties.
- May assist lenders with loan closings and signings, as needed and/or requested.
- Maintains current knowledge of banking and lending rules and regulations and assures compliance with all bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
- Participates in various community events and/or attends various meetings related to lending initiatives and operational/administration updates.
- Contributes to the success of the department with willingness to share in all department responsibilities, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Associates degree or higher in Business and/or Accounting - preferred.
- 1+ years’ recent office and/or administrative support experience in retail banking and/or lending support role, demonstrating working knowledge of general and/or professional office administration practices and procedures – required.
- Recent working experience in mortgage, consumer, SBA, special assets, commercial lending operations, loan servicing, commercial loan documentation, credit support, or compliance – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, in person and via email; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Working knowledge of professional office administration practices, and procedures.
- Basic math / accounting skills with an understanding of debits/credits and interest calculations to balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy.
- Strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to identify and resolve exceptions and interpret data, manage multiple assignments and goals with moderate supervision.
- Ability to gain and understanding and apply principles, procedures, compliance requirements, federal/state regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of lending practices, collateral perfection, loan documentation, disclosures, terminology and legal documents.
- Demonstrated self-motivational skills and the ability to work in a high pressure, high-volume production-oriented environment while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly. Working knowledge of financial services loan and documentation systems (LaserPro) - preferred.
- Occasional travel may be required; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials and/or customer site visits.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 20 lbs. (i.e., loan files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com