Loan Servicing Specialist
The Loan Servicing Specialist position provides primary support to internal and external customers over the telephone and e-mail along with performing basic account maintenance and monetary transactions.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide support to internal and external customers over the telephone and email utilizing professional phone etiquette and business communication skills, in accordance with the Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Processe loan payments, incoming wires, and advances for all loan types.
- Answer telephone and provide courteous and efficient customer service. Forward calls to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Open and distribute department mail.
- Post payoff transactions accurately to loan system and process all paid off/closed loan files per department procedures. Process the release of all types of collateral and supporting services in a timely manner.
- Perform file maintenance activities, i.e., returned checks; automatic payments and tax registration set-ups for new loans. File supporting documentation in appropriate files.
- Cross-train within the department to provide back-up, as needed.
- Contribute to the success of the department with willingness to share in all department responsibilities, as required or assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers, and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to gain working knowledge and understanding of principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Ability to display initiative to independently learn and apply skills to improve errors and overall servicing quality.
- Basic knowledge of bank accounting practices including the understanding of debit/credit relationships; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine mathematical errors.
- Effective listening verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues and follow up items over the phone and via email; ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, ensuring that priorities are set, with the ability to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work well both independently and collectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency and accuracy are required.
- Flexible with and accepting of change in a fast paced environment, with willingness to learn new skills.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge and use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge of financial services loan systems and experience utilizing loan servicing and client file management applications, i.e., OSI/DNA – preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- 1 year recent related customer service experience in loan servicing and/or branch banking, with an understanding of basic bank transactions and products/services, in a financial services industry – required.
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 30 lbs., (files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com