Risk Oversight Analyst
This position is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate review of processes, procedures and controls that support the administration of loan collateral pledged to Heritage Bank, by commercial customers, under any collateral arrangement. This includes implementation and documentation of collateral procedures to ensure compliance with Heritage Bank’s internal policies and all regulatory requirements.
Preferred location is Tacoma, WA. Depending on experience, Olympia, WA may be considered.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Review, analyze, and monitor accounts receivable (A/R) agings, borrowing base certificates, and other collateral information to ensure extensions of credit accurately represent eligible collateral in accordance with loan and security agreements, as well as, regulatory and policy requirements; escalates issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and reconcile collateral control accounts to collateral information. Appropriately adjusts hard caps, in a timely manner.
- Monitor customers borrowing availability, changes in borrowing formulas, over advances and significant changes in eligible assets.
- Effectively communicates with lenders as needed, and in a timely manner. Ensure collateral reporting and verification procedures are communicated appropriately and effectively to customers and Bank associates.
- Maintain collateral verification, compliance files and databases.
- Complete financial spreads of basic business financial statements using the Bank’s software tools. Incorporates all pertinent credit and financial information.
- Assist with month-end processing, reconciliations and reports.
- Cross-trains and provides support with other Portfolio Analysis Department functions, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent - required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education - preferred. Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or relevant discipline – preferred. 1 – 2 years’ recent work experience in commercial lending operations, commercial loan documentation, loan servicing, or compliance within the financial services industry - required.
- Collateral monitoring experience in an asset based lending and risk oversight environment – preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service to internal and external customers, and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, in person and via email; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance theory and practices, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), taxation, legal forms of organizations, and business law.
- Strong math skills with the ability to interpret financial statements/spreads (including cash flow, balance sheet, and profitability). Basic experience interpreting credit reports and industry financial information averages. General working knowledge of lending practices, disclosures and terminology.
- Ability to gain working knowledge and understanding of principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area.
- Strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments and goals, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy.
- Excels in quickly conceptualizing and assimilating data to make decisions and take appropriate action. Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of financial institution credit software (i.e., CreditQuest, Moody’s or Baker Hill) – preferred. Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, and adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly. Familiarity with DNA and Aurora – desired.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during customer site visits.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials, or customer site visits.
- Occasional lifting 5 – 10 lbs. (files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com