Consumer Loan Credit Assistant
This position provides broad-based administrative support to lenders and is responsible for the timely and accurate processing/funding of indirect dealer contracts and processing of direct branch loan requests, while effectively balancing service, quality, compliance, relationship building, and timely delivery of documents for closing or modifying loans, as approved.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external customers in accordance with Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Develop and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with all branches, loan support, co-workers, customers and dealer personnel.
- Perform all duties associated with processing indirect dealer, branch direct consumer, and real estate loan applications. Review loan packages and determines steps necessary to complete processing and/or funding in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verify the completeness of indirect dealer contract funding packages and related documents, and verify insurance coverage prior to funding. Ensure timely communication with auto dealers, loan officers, third party vendors, and others to resolve funding issues. Calculate indirect dealer contract funding amounts, and disburse contract proceeds to dealers.
- Process branch consumer and real estate secured applications. Review documentation to ensure it corresponds with loan application; confirms accuracy of information and input loan applications via the Bank’s origination system. Order flood search, title insurance, and property appraisal as directed by loan officer, and follow up for the timely receipt of these items.
- Prepare loan document requests for delivery to branches, verifies incoming executed documents are accurate, and creates customer account file for booking.
- Follows up with branches for the prompt return of signed consumer loan document packages. Contact branch staff and others to resolve issues in a timely manner. Processes applications, related tasks, and other loan requests placing emphasis on response time, quantity of applications processed, and quality of error-free loan documentation. Perform audit of final loan files prior to booking.
- Build and maintain individual dealer commercial, flooring, and lease account files. Process lease payments, and disburse funds as needed. Service accounts as required or directed.
- Prepares routine correspondence, processes account changes, researches and resolves account related problems and responds to client inquiries. Research, compile and prepare month end reports, as requested.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly GL account balancing, Prepare monthly account certifications. Perform dealer contract funding audit verifications and follow up. Establishes and maintains appropriate files and records for loan documents. Protects the confidentiality of all customer information. Maintains current knowledge of banking and lending rules and regulations and assures compliance with all bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
- Order supplies, and ensure adequate inventories are readily available and on hand. Contributes to the success of the department with willingness to share in all department responsibilities and provide back- up assistance, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. 1+ years’ recent customer service experience in retail banking and/or a lending support role – required.
- Recent working experience in lending operations, loan documentation, loan servicing, compliance or other related lending experience – preferred.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Effective listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Basic knowledge of lending processes, loan principles and terminology related to banking laws and regulations, as they pertain to loan disclosures and requirements. General familiarity and understanding of consumer loan documentation and compliance requirements, lending policies and procedures, and loan/funding terminology. Ability to display initiative and independently learn and apply skills to improve errors and overall loan quality.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, time management, data review, and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, ensuring that priorities are set, with the ability to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work well both independently and collectively within a team environment.
- Basic mathematical skills with an understanding of debits/credits and interest calculations. Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Bank’s core processing systems or similar financial services core processor, with the ability to adapt to and learn new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Occassionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10 - 20 lbs. (loan files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com.