Deposit Operations Specialist - IRA/HSA Account Processing
The Deposit Operations Specialist position is responsible for providing accurate and thorough bank operational and processing support in all related and assigned functions within the department, while ensuring proper processing and maintenance of IRA and HSA products and services in accordance with department and regulatory guidelines and within prescribed deadlines.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external customers in accordance with Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Performs all activities related to IRA and HSA transactions and documentation, in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Performs various customer IRA and HSA account maintenance to include but not limited to transaction review/monitoring, and documentation review, in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Reconciles daily Retirement Plan Clearing general ledger entries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processes HSA company/employer contributions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains thorough knowledge and expertise in current IRA and HSA rules and regulations.
- Performs periodic and annual review of reports and IRS forms to ensure accurate IRS reporting and to identify and correct any errors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responds to, researches and resolves customer and staff requests for assistance in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains up to date desk procedures.
- Contributes to the success of the department with willingness to cross train and share in all department responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- 2 years’ recent experience in bank operations, clerical accounting and/or retail banking in a financial services industry – required.
- Recent experience in IRA and HSA processing and reconciling, with working knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 - 10 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com