Program Director Investment/Trust Services
Heritage Bank is looking to hire a Director to run/build out the Wealth Planning, Investment Management and Trust Services business. This is an opportunity to lead/grow a joint venture between Heritage Bank, FCI Advisors, and Midwest Trust. The affiliations allow the Bank to offer comprehensive wealth management services. The ideal target market is families/investors with $5M AUM. As a Commercial & Industrial lender, Heritage Bank has long term banking relationships with clients actively building wealth and experiencing liquidity events. The joint venture now allows the Bank to serve these clients with asset management, wealth accumulation, estate transfer, and business succession advice.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Buildi out a wealth management practice leveraging the Bank’s consumer lending teams for internal referrals and utilizing own network and referral relationships.
- Work closely with Midwest Trust, FCI and Heritage Bank’s senior management teams for coordinated services.
- Provide comprehensive financial advice to affluent personal and business clients. Proven ability to discuss tax, estate planning and fiduciary matters with clients, prospects and professional advisors.
- Personally develop and assist in the acquisition of new business. Ability to assess the risks and rewards of new business opportunities for the Bank and Midwest Trust. Demonstrated capability of recommending or declining accounts where the Bank serves as Investment Manager only, or also as Investment Manager and Trustee. Oversee and manage revenue and expense performance and controls.
- Work with company executives to establish long-term strategic initiatives.
- Add staff including Wealth Advisors, Portfolio Managers, Trust Officers and/or Client Service Administers where needed.
- Recruit, manage, and retain qualified appropriately credentialed Trust Staff in the major metro markets.
- Directly and/or indirectly supervise employees within assigned business group(s), and in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ensure the success of compressive client service to customers and employees. Accomplish department and company goals. Responsible for quality control and compliance.
- Perform duties in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Frequesnt travle is required for business development, events, customer meetings, and to Heritage Bank locations, which may include overnight travel and extended stay availability when needed.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university in business, technical or equivalent field – required.
- 8 - 10 years’ recent and successful sales / client services experience in Investment Management / Trust Services, which includes a minimum of 5 years’ recent experience in a leadership role.
- NASD/NYSE Series 7 and 66 licensing.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or the Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) designation.
- Experience in credit related administration or business development preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, professional certifications and leadership experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to provide professional, responsive customer service; with strong sales, business development and relationship selling skills, both internally and externally via telephone and person-to-person contact.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with all business units, and elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required to manage, motivate, and develop teams, to include oversight and management of employees in remote locations. Employee development, performance management, training and employee counseling skills required. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish individual and group goals.
- Strategic approach to decision-making with proven ability to analyze information, develop strategies and deliver results.
- Strong analytical reasoning, problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals, reporting requests; ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met.
- Advanced knowledge of bank investment, brokerage and trust business services.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, state/federal regulations, and policies related to assigned area of oversight.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project); and working knowledge and experience with financial planning software, and financial industry core processing systems; with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Travel is required for business development, events and customer meetings; valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, and/or required to wear protective devises during site and property visits/inspections.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, as needed.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports; typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, climbing, kneeling or crouching to file materials and/or conduct site/property inspections.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 15 lbs., files, boxes, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com.