IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Bank’s in-house information technology systems by, monitoring, maintaining and optimizing of network software, hardware, applications and associated operating systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties and projects may be assigned):
- Support and maintain enterprise systems, including but not limited to servers, messaging systems, security, IP telephony, backup and disaster recovery, virtualization technology, storage, and networking infrastructure.
- Monitor system and network utilization and capacity constraints. Make recommendations to management, and implement in a timely manner.
- Ensure that servers and network devices are compliant with the Bank’s policies. Develop and implement remediation plans for non-complaint servers and devices.
- Plan upgrades and apply patches on server and infrastructure systems.
- Maintain backup and redundancy strategies on physical and virtual environments.
- Deploy Linux servers, Windows servers, vSphere hosts and network devices.
- Develop training and documentation materials for technical staff and/or end users, as applicable and/or required on project deliverables.
- Operate in full compliance with internal policies, procedures, security requirements, and regulatory guidelines
- Act as a team member on various IT-related projects.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provide an exceptional level of service for internal and external customers—with the ability to build and maintain positive, professional relationships and collaborate with all levels and functional areas of the organization.
- Excellent business communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical information verbally and in writing to non-technical personnel, and the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management, analytical and follow up skills, demonstrating a strong sense of urgency ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Knowledge of software, hardware and network applications.
- Thorough knowledge of Operating Systems best practices.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and IP networking.
- Strong knowledge of computer-network security systems, procedures, techniques and applications.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of network cabling standards for data and telecom.
- General knowledge and experience with scripting tools such as PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent – required. BS or BA degree in Computer Science, or related field – preferred.
- 3 years’ recent experience deploying and managing Linux and/or Windows servers in an enterprise environment, preferably Red Hat and CentOS, and extensive experience with enterprise products, such as Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, and other current technology - required.
- Equivalent combination of formal IT industry related education and comparable work experience may be considered.
- IT certifications and/or accreditations - preferred.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, effective handling of interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, which may require assisting at other locations, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials or install equipment, as needed.
- Occasional lifting 25-75 lbs. (e.g., files, boxes, equipment).
Travel Time: Varies – up to 10%; Willingness to travel to other Bank locations and meeting sites which may include overnight travel availability when needed; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com.