Bank Teller - Summer Temporary
Heritage Bank is currently seeking a positive, team oriented candidate for a Summer Temporary Teller assignment in Newberg, OR. Our Bank Tellers enjoy meeting and interacting with customers while processing transactions, responding to questions, referring and selling our competitive products and services, and contributing to a dynamic team environment.
The assignment is temporary from approximately June through September, 2020. This is a Full Time position; typical schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Flexibility is required to work as needed to ensure adequate staffing for training or employee absences.
- Minimum of six months cash handling and customer service experience required.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an exceptional level of customer service.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
- Understand and complies with the Bank’s policies, procedures, security, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of bank products and services.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions and attend required training.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays and/or extended hours, as needed.
- May be exposed to potential risk and hazards associated with criminal activity (e.g., robbery and/or attempted robbery, fraud, security) - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, fine count cash and operate a cash counter which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and duration of shift.
- Ability to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and carry.
- Occasional lifting to independently move or transport money and coin, 25-50 lbs., or files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com