Heritage Bank is seeking a Mortgage Loan Officer - WebCenter at our Burlington Administrative Center in Burlington, WA. The Mortgage Loan Officer - WebCenter responds to WebCenter based applications and inquiries, to originate a high volume of quality loans, which meet Heritage Bank’s guidelines, and comply with all federal and state compliance policies and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Perform business development activities to increase production, including: working with retail staff and consumer direct marketing.
- Review online applications for complexity to determine assignment to a mortgage loan officer or maintained in the WebCenter.
- Receive WebCenter based online customer applications, analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advice customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, gather any additional required information, quote the rate and points, and complete all follow-up activities with the registration lock-in, from application to close.
- If referred by retail staff, assist with application for prospective borrowers. Communicate with retail staff throughout the application process. Perform loan analysis to insure loans conform to investor guidelines.
- Collect and analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk.
- Actively partner with other lines of business to meet and exceed established production and referral targets and goals, as set with the management team.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of, and can clearly communicate, all bank products and services, to include underwriting processes and the Bank’s credit culture.
- Maintain and complete sales pipeline and activity reporting, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand and maintain working knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Maintain current knowledge of banking and lending rules and regulations and ensures compliance with all bank policies and procedures. Stay current on new types of loans and mortgages.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or relevant discipline – preferred.
- 3+ years recent mortgage origination experience or equivalent experience in operations and support, from application to close, utilizing self-sourced and generated leads, with proven track record closing loans in the current market, and the ability to achieve the Bank’s annual production standards – required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to meet production expectations and independently manage a heavy production and referral pipeline.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of loan program requirements from origination to closing, with strong working knowledge of processing, underwriting, and closing procedures of real estate lending.
- Strong working knowledge of laws, regulations and guidelines that govern the mortgage industry; including fair lending, privacy, and RESPA.
- Expert knowledge of lending products/services and pricing alternatives in the industry; with the ability to analyze, understand and communicate complex loan products.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- Knowledge of real estate and finance through appropriate experience and/or certified course work.
- Demonstrated self-motivational skills and ability to work in a high pressure, high-volume production-oriented environment while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
- Highly effective and professional interpersonal, listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies, partnering, relationship building, influencing and presentation skills; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills.
- Ability to handle and deal with sensitive and confidential matters in an efficient manner.
- Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Mortgage Lending Software and websites, with the ability to adapt to and learn new technologies quickly.
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position with Heritage Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, which may require evening work.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 20 – 30 lbs. (i.e., loan files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com