This position is responsible for treasury management (TM) product strategy development, product innovation and new product development, planning and rollout. This role will lead the execution of product strategy for TM which includes recommending new products, changes and enhancements to existing TM products, pricing and revenue forecasting. This position will be responsible for identifying and analyzing industry trends, defining competitive positioning, and leveraging new technology and working with TM sales/implementation/operations, marketing and information systems and technology to create strategies that increase market share and deliver exceptional customer experience.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise on strategic projects and launches related to Treasury Management products and services (and evolution of capabilities).
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and authority to execute their assigned functions. Develops skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Work collaboratively with management and Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approve personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Manage multiple projects with limited oversight, gathering requirements, writing business requirements documents, creating and managing project plans, managing issues and risks through the product life cycle.
- Own the business case development, identification of functionality requirements and the rollout of new TM products and enhancements to support growth objectives for the Bank.
- Act as the primary point of contact for TM product development and product assistance regarding functionality, use and value proposition.
- Develop annual business plan with management team to set goals, service expectations, market strategy, competitive advantage, profitability and revenue goals and tracks progress to plan.
- Develop product reporting and monitors and tracks success (adoption rates and financial) of TM products and services.
- Responsible for implementation and roll-out of new TM business products and enhancements, including agreements, implementation documents, and standards.
- Partner with the Marketing team to coordinates the design and distribution strategy for assigned products.
- Build proactive partnerships that encourages cross-selling of Deposit and Treasury Management products and services.
- Responsible for preparing TM teams to sell and support new and enhanced TM products and services.
- Ensure TM product integrity from an operational and regulatory perspective.
- Track, measure, monitor and report product usage, as well as ongoing product testing.
- Oversee the pricing of TM products to ensure their competitiveness and profitability. Maintains knowledge of market trends and new developments to provide best-in-class products and services.
- Manage vendors, negotiates contracts, establishes performance standards and is accountable for ongoing contract administration.
- Leverage internal IT partners to ensure proper interface between vendor products and internal systems. Maintains detailed working knowledge of all products and related systems to ensure successful product management.
- Oversee and/or leads the merger and acquisition functions and integration of TM services for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or relevant discipline - required.
- 10 years' recent product managment experience demonstrating advanced understanding of all TM products, services, solutions, industry requirements, and legal/regulatory requirements, within the financial services industry and community bank environment with the ability to quickly grasp and understand the Bank’s business and strategic goals and objectives – required.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, certifications, and/or comparable product marketing and management strategy experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain open, professional, positive and productive relationships and demonstrate cooperative behavior with management, business partners, customers, vendors and co-workers, and work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal skills combined with ability to communicate effectively, clearly and persuasively in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences across business lines at all levels.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required to manage, motivate, and develop teams, to include oversight and management of employees in remote locations, to ensure transparency. Employee development, performance management, training and employee counseling skills required.
- Strategic problem solving and decision-making with demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues, make decisions under pressure of time constraints and translate business / product development challenges into opportunities.
- Detailed functional and technical knowledge of treasury management services, documentation and internet technologies at the bank (i.e. account analysis and TM platforms) and industry wide (i.e. developing technologies).
- Advanced working knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project / product management.
- Proven experience and leadership developing and managing TM product income and expense budget(s).
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills, demonstrating strong sense of urgency and ability to execute quickly, timely and efficiently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related statutory banking and compliance regulations, operational policies and procedures, account and legal documentation and terminology for TM products and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and working knowledge of financial industry core processing and automated banking systems; working knowledge of vendor management and project management software applications and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Travel is required to other Bank locations and meeting sites; valid drivers license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5-15 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com