Heritage Bank is seeking a Digital Payments Manager - ACH & Wires at our Southern Operations Center in Tacoma, WA. The Digital Payments Manager - ACH & Wires oversees and manages Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) activities for ACH and wire payments and will plan, direct, and organize the activities of the workgroup to maintain and ensure departmental efficiencies, procedural adherence, regulatory compliance, information security and audit standards are in place, to mitigate risk.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and authority to execute their assigned functions and develops skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Work collaboratively with Management and Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approves personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, training and development of staff, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Plan and direct workflow to improve department efficiency, quality of work and ensure work is completed within established timelines.
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain digital payment operational procedures, ensuring quality, risk management, unit costs, budget, responsiveness, and customer service standards are met, and adequate internal controls and procedures are in place and followed.
- Oversee and review digital payment products and offerings; recommends new/existing product enhancements to management; ensure proper implementation of new and approved products and services.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and ensures bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area of oversight.
- Complete, adhere to, and respond to all risk assessments and audit and SOX findings; ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
- Research non-routine complex digital payment problems, and communicate findings and/or resolutions to management and appropriate parties.
- Coordinate and deliver timely management reporting of digital payment activities, risks and trends.
- Ensure effective coordination occurs between assigned functional area and other bank departments.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments within banking and related industries; as well as economic and regulatory changes.
- Assist with and/or lead the merger and acquisition functions and integration of services for the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management – strongly desired.
- 5 + years' recent and progressive experience in digital payments, which includes a minimum of 3 years in a management role, demonstrating a thorough understanding of all digital payment products and services, i.e., wire transfer process, ACH processing/origination and thorough working knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, within a financial services industry - required.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification – required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and/or comparable management experience may be considered
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Exhibits professional and effective listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills (group meetings, correspondence, reports and email), with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong management / leadership skills are required to motivate and develop a high performance work team and monitor workflow and schedules; employee development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are required.
- Strong analytical reasoning, problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals, reporting requests and staffing schedules, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Strong working knowledge of bank accounting practices including the understanding of debit/credit relationships; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine mathematical errors.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) to include wire transfers, ACH processing, compliance, disclosures, and terminology related to banking laws and regulations.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency and accuracy are required.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook); and working knowledge of financial services industry core processing and automated banking systems, i.e., Fiserv or equivalent; with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, remotely and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10-20 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com