Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are seeking a Treasury/ALM Analyst at our Southern Operations Center in Tacoma, WA.
The Treasury/ALM Analyst is responsible for running in-house ALM model: including implementation, ongoing maintenance, ensuring integrity of model input and output, updating assumptions, reporting, and staying abreast of all policies, procedures, SEC and regulatory requirements for models.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of critical assumptions used in various modeling processes.
- Assist in developing strategies for managing interest rate sensitivity and maximizing net interest income.
- Prepare financial forecasts and other models demonstrating the sensitivity of net interest income to changes in critical assumptions used in the modeling process.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Bank’s balance sheet and its market and liquidity risk.
- Help develop ALCO reports; coordinate and participate in ALCO meetings.
- Assist with the management of the investment portfolio by developing investment strategies, analyzing investment returns using an ALM model and managing the pledging of securities for collateral purposes.
- Assist in monitoring bank compliance with various policies including investments, asset/liability management, liquidity/funding and model risk management; update these policies on a regular basis to comply with risk environment and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in monitoring the Bank’s current liquidity position and prepare reports on the Bank’s projected liquidity position.
- Understand and maintain working knowledge of, and ensures bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Partner with management on various projects and financial reports to support strategic initiatives, ad hoc projects and assignments, as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in accounting, finance, economics or mathematics – required.
- 5 years of recent relevant accounting and finance experience in a financial services industry and community bank environment – required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in all aspects of accounting/finance may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ALM models / Interest Rate Risk measurement models.
- Thorough understanding of interest risk measurement techniques to measure rate risk exposure.
- Knowledge of bank balance sheet and income statement dynamics, including the risk characteristics of various asset and liability categories.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills are required to analyze statistical information.
- Ability to apply financial and economical evaluation to various company projects, expansion and programs.
- Ability to perform complex analyses: proficient in data tracking, report development, statements, projections and identifying significant changes or trends.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments, goals and reporting requests, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with moderate direction and oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and assure compliance with company and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as a team contributor and independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, state/federal regulations, and policies related to assigned area.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and retrieval of data; strong working knowledge of automated financial management and accounting systems, with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule(s) with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 – 10 lbs. (files, boxes, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com