Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are looking for people who want more than just a job – who want to build a career and make a difference in the communities where they live and work by building and maintaining customer relationships.
Heritage Bank is seeking a Loan Servicing Specialist at our Southern Operations Center in Tacoma, WA. The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for post-closing administration of the Bank’s loan portfolio, ensuring all loan data input and related accounting data are accurate and timely, to support the Bank’s financial statements, while providing quality and professional customer service.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide support to internal and external customers over the telephone and email utilizing professional phone etiquette and business communication skills, in accordance with the Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Process loan payments, incoming wires, and advances for all loan types.
- Answer telephone and provide courteous and efficient customer service. Forward calls to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Post payoff transactions accurately to loan system and process all paid off/closed loan files per department procedures. Process the release of all types of collateral and supporting services in a timely manner.
- Perform file maintenance activities, i.e., returned checks; automatic payments and tax registration set-ups for new loans. File supporting documentation in appropriate files.
- Cross-train within the department to provide back-up, as needed.
- Contribute to the success of the department with willingness to share in all department responsibilities, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- 1+ years recent related customer service experience in loan servicing and/or branch banking, with an understanding of basic bank transactions and products/services, in a financial services industry – required.
- Ability to provide an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers and respond to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- General familiarity with loan documentation, with the ability to read/interpret loan documents or authorizations, ensuring accurate data input and/or approvals have been attained.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to loan servicing and lending operations.
- Ability to display initiative to independently learn and apply skills to improve errors and overall servicing quality.
- Basic knowledge of bank accounting practices including the understanding of debit/credit relationships; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine mathematical errors.
- Effective listening verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, ensuring that priorities are set, with the ability to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work well both independently and collectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency and accuracy are required.
- Flexible with and accepting of change in a fast paced environment, with willingness to learn new skills.
- Project a professional image through appropriate business attire, ethical behavior, personal responsibility, flexibility, and respect for confidentiality.
- Working knowledge and use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge of financial services loan systems and experience utilizing loan servicing and client file management applications, i.e., OSI/DNA (Open Solutions Inc).
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 30 lbs., (files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com