Heritage Bank offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages for employees and their families.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Ensure the Bank’s compliance with all fair banking and fair lending laws and regulations. Develop, update and enhance policies and procedures within required timeframes.
- Monitor changes in fair banking and fair lending laws, regulations and examination trends through external regulatory services and distributing related information, in a timely manner, to all applicable areas of the company.
- Oversee and track fair lending and fair banking issues and remediation plans, escalating unresolved items to the Management Compliance Committee.
- Oversee and administer the Bank’s complaint program, coordinate the investigation of regulatory complaints, and develop and submit appropriate responses to customers and regulatory agencies in a timely manner.
- Review and approve Bank’s marketing materials, promotions, and customer notices/communications (including the Bank’s website and social media presence).
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations and examination trends through external regulatory services and distributing related information, in a timely manner, to all applicable areas of the Bank.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to areas of responsibility.
- Participate in the preparation of compliance audits and regulatory exams. Prepare responses, as assigned.
- Participate in the coordination of compliance training presentations and exercises with all Bank personnel.
- High School diploma or equivalent – required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant course of study – strongly desired.
- 5+ years’ recent relevant experience in a fair lending or fair banking role and/or commensurate lending experience and working knowledge of fair lending banking requirements – required.
- Professional credentials in compliance, risk and/or audit – highly desired.
- Equivalent combination of education, certifications, and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written/verbal business communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate issues and follow up items in person, over the phone and via email; ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong ability to assess and address compliance risk for various bank products, services and assessment areas to make appropriate recommendations for changes or expansion of the program.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with all business units, management, staff, regulators and audit personnel, to achieve common goals.
- Extensive knowledge of all financial institution policies and procedures and the Bank’s products and services, with working experience in all facets of operations, lending, and deposit and compliance related rules and regulations.
- Strong technical and analytical reasoning skills, to understand and interpret regulatory requirements, and transform into well-developed operational application, and policies/procedures.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient and advanced use and understanding MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), and financial management data processing systems, with the ability to adapt to new products and technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible, remote and/or rotating schedule or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 to 10 lbs. (files, boxes, handouts).
Travel Time: Occasional travel 10 – 15% to branch and department’s locations, which may include overnight travel availability when needed; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com