Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization. We are looking for people who want more than just a job – who want to build a career and make a difference in the communities where they live and work by building and maintaining customer relationships.
The Auburn North branch is seeking a Bank Teller to help customers meet their financial goals by providing exceptional customer service handling routine financial transactions and actively support branch sales efforts by identifying customer needs and suggest solutions through referrals.
This position is Full Time; Monday – Friday 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Flexibility is required to work as needed to ensure adequate staffing for training or employee absences.
Depending on experience, level I, II or Senior may be considered.
- Level I - Minimum of six months cash handling and customer service experience required.
- Level II - 1 year recent cash handling and customer service experience in a financial services industry required.
- Senior - 2 years recent retail banking and cash handling experience, with a proven record of relationship selling, providing positive customer relations experiences, and demonstrated success as a team mentor and/or branch lead which includes working knowledge of teller training practices required.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an exceptional level of customer service.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
- Understand and complies with the Bank’s policies, procedures, security, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of bank products and services.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to other branch locations, when needed; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays and/or extended hours, as needed.
- May be exposed to potential risk and hazards associated with criminal activity (e.g., robbery and/or attempted robbery, fraud, security) - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, fine count cash and operate a cash counter which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and duration of shift.
- Ability to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and carry.
- Occasional lifting to independently move or transport money and coin, 25-50 lbs., or files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com