Heritage Bank has an exciting opportunity to join our Wealth Strategies team! We are seeking a Wealth Strategies Client Services Associate at our Allenmore office in Tacoma, WA. The Wealth Strategies Client Services Associate is responsible for providing service and sales support to clients and/or prospects and will partner with assigned Advisor(s) to build their business and coordinating all client services activities by responding to client requests in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with operational and compliance requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide sales and client service support to advisor(s) to include, but not limited to: calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement, client correspondence, maintenance, distribution of account openings and sales materials, assistance with technology platforms and applications, and research in preparation for client and prospect meetings.
- Provide assistance and operational support by: Opening, routing, responding to and filing incoming correspondence, as appropriate; scheduling appointments and meetings, as needed. Respond to client inquiries by answering questions, providing information, processing requests, resolving problems and/or trading and service issues to fulfill client requests. Follows-up to assure client needs are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Properly record transactions and inquiries and sees that client files are completed and maintained. Address all client service problems and maintain problem/solution log to keep advisor(s) aware of service problems and to what level managed to client’s satisfaction.
- Receive, sort, file and retrieve forms and documents. Organize and coordinate the flow of communications; interview and screen callers and visitors; may provide information concerning policies, procedures and regulations as necessary, or direct to appropriate personnel. Processes and distributes confidential and time sensitive documents, in a timely manner.
- Accurately prepare and ensure all required paperwork and general service work is completed and submitted in a timely and accurate manner, to include but not limited to: account transfers, account changes, new accounts, distributions, payouts, ACH setup or cancellation, missing or incomplete documents; track and notify representatives of incoming asset transfers. Assists advisor(s) by confirming all trades are executed properly and commissions collected from broker/dealer.
- Review and check documents for completeness, accuracy and conformance with applicable rules/regulations, procedural and compliance requirements. Verifies discrepancies and makes corrections.
- Enter and update information in automated systems; develops routine spreadsheets and databases; utilizes various software packages; prepares and summarizes data or reports from a variety of sources in accordance with specific instructions, procedures and/or approvals.
- Establish and maintain filing systems; prepares records for storage and/or archiving.
- Maintain knowledge of and ensures compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and internal and related external policies and procedures.
- Utilize contact management system to coordinate and update all contact efforts to fulfill client outreach initiatives, to meet expectations and provide a high level of service to each segment of clients. This includes, but is not limited to, sending thank you cards, holiday and/or birthday cards, setting appointments, and preparing materials for delivery to client.
- Coordinate and maintains supply inventory, forms and prospectus materials; check stock, determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; and ensure all forms and sales materials are in compliance and up to date.
- Contribute to the success of the assigned department(s) with willingness to share in all department responsibilities and provide back- up assistance, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing or relevant discipline – preferred.
- 3 years recent related work experience within the financial services industry and/or providing professional office administration/support, in a sales environment – required.[JR1] [EN2]
- Series 7 License, Series 66 (or 63/65) License, and resident state Life and Health Insurance License – preferred, not required. When licensed, must abide by all regulatory agency laws governing license(s) held, and attend all necessary continuing education training programs and meetings to maintain license(s).
- Associates are required to be registered with the Bank’s Broker/Dealer.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with management, customers and staff.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, in person and via email; and confidently communicates financial information, products, and policy to bank customers and coworkers; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of professional office administration practices, and procedures.
- Math skills to balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy.
- Strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to identify and resolve exceptions and interpret data, manage multiple assignments, goals and reporting requests, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and sometimes competing deadlines are met.
- Understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, federal/state regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with the ability to adapt to and learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to understand and use Portfolio Software and applications – required.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials, set up displays for events and client meetings.
- Occasional lifting 10 - 25 lbs. (files, boxes, equipment, supplies, carry boxes of marketing materials, brochures, deliver and set-up display walls, as needed).
Travel Time: Varies up to 5%; may travel for business development, events, seminars, customer meetings, and to Heritage Bank locations, as needed; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com