Heritage Bank has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are seeking a Risk Oversight Analyst at our Northern Operations Center in Lynnwood, WA. The Risk Oversight Analyst is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate review of processes, procedures and controls that support the administration of loan collateral pledged to Heritage Bank, by commercial customers, under any collateral arrangement. This includes implementation and documentation of collateral procedures to ensure compliance with Heritage Bank’s internal policies and all regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate:
- Reviews, analyzes, and monitors accounts receivable (A/R) agings, borrowing base certificates, and other collateral information to ensure extensions of credit accurately represent eligible collateral in accordance with loan and security agreements, as well as, regulatory and policy requirements; escalates issues as appropriate.
- Monitors and reconciles collateral control accounts to collateral information. Appropriately adjusts hard caps, in a timely manner.
- Monitors customers borrowing availability, changes in borrowing formulas, over advances and significant changes in eligible collateral. Effectively communicates with lenders and credit officers as needed, and in a timely manner.
- Ensures collateral reporting and verification procedures are communicated appropriately and effectively to Heritage Bank associates.
- Maintains compliance & borrower files, report templates, analysis worksheets and databases to ensure that all is up to date in accordance with loan approvals and signed loan agreements.
- Gains working knowledge of, and ensures bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Completes financial spreads of basic business financial statements using the Bank’s software tools. Incorporates all pertinent credit and financial information.
- High School Diploma or equivalent - required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – required.
- 1-2 years' recent clerical accounting experience - required.
- Recent work experience in commercial lending operations, commercial loan documentation, loan servicing, or compliance within the financial services industry – preferred”
- Collateral monitoring experience in an asset-based lending and risk oversight environment – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service to internal and external customers, and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, in person and via email; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance theory and practices, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong math skills with the ability to interpret financial reporting, including accounts receivable and accounts payable aging, inventory reports and financial statements/spreads (including cash flow, balance sheet, and profitability).
- Basic working knowledge of lending practices, disclosures and terminology.
- Ability to gain working knowledge and understanding of principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area.
- Strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments and goals, ensuring that priorities are set, and commitments and deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy. Excels in quickly conceptualizing and assimilating data to make decisions and take appropriate action.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of financial institution credit software (i.e., CreditQuest, Moody’s or Baker Hill).
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, and adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly. Familiarity with DNA and Aurora – desired.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and/or customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, and assist at other locations or remotely, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, walking, climbing, kneeling or crouching to file materials and/or conduct site visits/property inspections.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 lbs (files, boxes, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com