Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are seeking an Item Processing Specialist at our Northern Operations Center in Lynnwood, WA. The Item Processing Specialist is responsible for providing accurate and thorough bank operational and processing support in all related and assigned functions within the department, while ensuring proper processing and maintenance of item processing products and services in accordance with department and regulatory guidelines and within prescribed deadlines.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external customers in accordance with Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Perform general ledger balancing in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with Bank procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Reconcile Teller and Memo/Branch Capture items; ensure all teller work balances to Fed cash letter generation and all internal general ledger accounts in an accurate and timely manner. Perform all related branch research and support as needed and/or requested.
- Sort and distribute department incoming USPS and UPS mail; Prepare USPS and UPS outgoing mail in an accurate and timely manner.
- Image and index internal documents. Ensure accurate indexing and verification of documents uploaded to the document imaging system. Make adjustments, corrections, and changes to document images, as needed, to ensure all documents are clear and accounted for.
- Recommend changes to keep desk procedures current.
- Gain working knowledge of, and ensures bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area
- Contribute to the success of the department with willingness to cross train and share in all department responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of recent cash handling, office support and/or clerical accounting experience – required
- Recent experience in bank item processing to include check processing, check adjustments and returns – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, certifications and experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain and manage personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer, with the ability to provide clients with information, data, advice and solutions, as well as gain their trust and respect.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues over the phone, in person and via email; and ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, problem-solving, data review and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, and reporting requests ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met.
- A basic understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; general math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors, to process debits and credits accurately, and adhere to customer instructions.
- Ability to gain working knowledge and understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; general math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors, to process debits and credits accurately, and adhere to customer instructions.
- Ability to gain working knowledge and understanding of principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing core processing applications– preferred.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 - 10 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com