Heritage Bank is seeking a CRA/HMDA Data Analyst at our Southern Operations Center in Tacoma, WA. The CRA/HMDA Data Analyst assists with the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) program, analysis and compliance with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) in order to effectuate successful CRA and HMDA examinations. Additionally, this position will ensure HMDA and CRA data is collected and reported in accordance with Bank and regulatory requirements and consults with various departments and business lines regarding the application of HMDA and CRA.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Perform HMDA and CRA loan data integrity reviews to ensure data accuracy and document issues and/or findings to utilize in data error correction and/or training.
- Ensure timely and accurate submissions of HMDA and CRA data to independent auditors.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of mandatory annual regulatory CRA and HMDA reports.
- Utilize CRA & HMDA software system to produce data analysis reports and maps of Bank’s lending performance; coordinate with various lending and loan operations departments to ensure timely and accurate completion of data collection and reporting of HMDA and CRA loans (including Community Development loans).
- Provide maintenance, follow-up and support for the Bank’s CRA & HMDA data collection, tracking and reporting software systems.
- Analyze the HMDA reporting and maintenance of public disclosure reports.
- Understand and maintain working knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Assist with redlining data analysis and reporting.
- Assist with the preparation for periodic meetings, including the preparation of meeting minutes.
- Maintain current awareness of issues relating to HMDA and CRA, and assist with implementation of changes related to their implementing regulations C and BB.
- High School diploma or equivalent – required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant course of study – preferred.
- 2 - 3 years’ recent experience in a compliance and/or relevant lending role, which includes working knowledge and experience with fair lending, mortgage and consumer protection laws and regulations, including ECOA, HMDA, CRA, and composite Fair Lending guidance and standards –required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
- Provide an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, in person and via email; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, ensuring that priorities are set, with the ability to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy.
- Basic math / accounting skills to balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors.
- Working knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and Bank accounting policies and procedures, including CRA and HMDA.
- Knowledge of commercial and/or small business, consumer lending, loan documentation, loan servicing and credit underwriting requirements.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient and advanced use and understanding MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), and the Bank’s core processing system, with the ability to adapt to new products and technologies quickly. i.e., CRA/HMDA data monitoring systems.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible, remote and/or rotating schedule or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 to 10 lbs. (files, boxes, handouts).
Travel Time: Occasional travel up to 10% to branch and department locations, which may include overnight travel availability when needed; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com