The successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead and manage sales for the branch including mentoring and training branch staff in using standard relationship selling techniques to grow existing relationships and gain new customer relationships. Build and maintain professional working relationships with all lines of business to ensure customer relationship building is taking place through cross selling efforts and referrals.
- Lead and manage a retail branch to ensure that established production goals for deposits, fee income, loan production and other corporate goals, as assigned, are met or exceeded and customer service in the branch is conducted in accordance with the Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Ensure accuracy and timely completion of audits, certifications, compliance, and reporting. Ensure audit, security, and compliance issues and/or concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Act as a liaison between branch and support departments.
- Organize and direct operational workflow to minimize risk and ensure efficient, effective procedures, practices, staff composition and scheduling.
- Resolve customer questions and/or concerns in a timely manner to maintain optimal branch performance in service quality, accuracy, efficiency, and manage risk prudently. Make and approve policy and procedure exceptions within assigned limits.
- Actively lead and train staff to ensure branch consistently adheres to all regulatory compliance standards, internal operational and credit controls and follows all operating policies and procedures. Ensure audit, security, and compliance issues and/or concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Act as a liaison between branch and support departments.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of operational policies and procedures and thorough knowledge of federal and state laws/regulations pertaining to compliance, branch operations and consumer and small business lending.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all Bank’s products and services. Ensure successful implementation of marketing and promotional programs in the branch. Take leadership in rolling out new products and services.
- Develop skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual and quarterly business plans, including sales goals, income, and expense strategies to ensure maximum profitability for the branch. Provide leadership in communicating the bank’s overall strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Retail Management/Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approve personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Assist as back up for CSA and FSA positions, as needed.
- Represent the Bank in the local community through involvement in professional organizations, activities, and by attending civic and community group meetings and events.
- Monitor supplies, furniture, equipment and security levels ensuring the efficient operation of the branch.
- Monitor the physical appearance and condition of the branch and report needed improvements to the Facilities Department.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required. Associates degree or higher in Business, Accounting and/or Finance – preferred.
- 4+ years’ recent experience in retail banking branch operations, sales and service, to include a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role, demonstrating effective operational, relationship management and business development skills and demonstrated success in leading, coaching, and motivating a team, within a financial services industry – required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to provide professional, responsive customer service; with strong customer service delivery, sales, business development and relationship selling skills.
- Strong listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies and presentation skills; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required to manage, motivate, and develop a team, and monitor workflow and schedules. Employee development, performance management, training and employee counseling skills are required.
- Ability to develop and manage income and expense budget(s).
- Advanced knowledge of all retail job functions, paying/receiving, operations, branch certifications and in-depth working knowledge of all retail products and services, consumer and small business lending, account and legal documentation.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, state/federal regulations, and policies related to assigned area of oversight.
- Strong understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors.
- Consistent sales and business development skills with the ability to identify customer needs and cross-sell the Bank’s products and services with confidence.
- Strategic approach to problem solving and decision-making, with demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and independently make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Strong analytical reasoning, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals, reporting requests and staffing schedules, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of financial services industry core processing and automated banking systems, i.e., Fiserv or equivalent, with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- This position may require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position with Heritage Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule(s) with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, Saturday’s and/or extended hours, as needed.
- May be exposed to potential risk and hazards associated with criminal activity (e.g., robbery and/or attempted robbery, fraud, security) - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, fine count cash and operate a cash counter which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and duration of shift. Ability to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and carry.
- Occasional lifting to independently move and/or push cart to transport money and coin, 25-50 lbs., or files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the min, mid and max of Heritage Bank’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, experience, and job performance. The range listed is just one component of Heritage Bank’s total compensation package for full time and part time employees. Depending on position, other total compensation rewards may include, monthly, quarterly or annual incentive, and/or bonuses.