Risk Oversight Manager
This position is responsible for the management, supervision and overall direction of Bank wide credit risk related to trading asset-secured lines of credit, to evaluate the credit worthiness of commercial borrowers, and providing leadership to the Bank’s centralized monitoring for such loans.
This position is located in Lynnwood, WA. Depending on experience, Tacoma, WA may be considered.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide management oversight and directs the work of the Bank’s Risk Oversight analysts on A/R line monitoring, preparation of financial spreads, production of management reports, and performance of the Risk Oversight portfolio.
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry “best practices” related to asset-based lending and the bank’s regulatory environment and recommends changes to lending policies and guidelines, as appropriate.
- Provide oversight to the Bank’s monitoring of loans secured by accounts receivable and inventory. Ensures the Bank receives current A/R agings, borrowing base certificates, and other collateral information needed to effectively manage credit risk, and recommends approvals on line of credit advances.
- Support business lines, products groups, and other functions on credit and risk related issues, may participate in the credit approval process, as requested.
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and authorities to execute their assigned functions. Develops skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources in recommending staffing levels and approves personnel actions for terminations, promotions, transfers, training and development of staff, and provides timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or relevant discipline – preferred.
- 8 years' recent experience in commercial credit and portfolio administration, which includes a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory and/or management role with emphasis in commercial / business lending, and thorough understanding of the credit review process and risk management practices in a community bank environment – required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, commercial loan origination, and management experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of service for internal and external customers, with the ability to build and maintain positive, professional relationships, to successfully interact with all levels and functional areas of the organization. Responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills are required to manage, motivate, and develop a team, with demonstrated ability to manage a high-volume work flow, in multiple locations.
- Strategic approach to problem solving and decision-making, with demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques and ability to prepare pro forma financial statements and spread historical F/S including global cash flow.
- Strong knowledge of commercial credit and credit policy in a financial services and community bank environment – preferred.
- Strong listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective presentation skills; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage income and expense budget.
- Advanced organizational, time management, data review and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and goals, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
- Strong working knowledge of the Bank’s spreading software (Financial Analyzer and Baker Hill).
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Travel is required to other Bank locations and meeting sites; valid driver’s license and proof of insurance, access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- May be exposed to outside climate conditions and/or rough terrain during site inspections.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports; typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, climbing, kneeling or crouching to file materials and/or conduct site/property inspections.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 20 lbs., files, boxes, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com