Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization. We are looking for a Branch Services team member who wants more than just a job – who wants to build a career and make a difference in the communities where they live and work by building and maintaining customer relationships.
The Friday Harbor branch in Friday Harbor, WA is seeking Branch Services Representative to help customers meet their financial goals, providing exceptional customer service by processing a variety of customer account transactions and opening new accounts.
This position is Full Time; typical schedule is Monday through Friday 8:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Flexibility is required to work as needed to ensure adequate staffing for training or employee absences.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with all customers and prospective customers through established customer service and sales standards.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts and endorsements, enter all necessary information in data processing system, issue receipts, cash checks and pay out money upon verification standards and balance in an accurate and complete manner.
- Open new accounts. Actively grow and cross-sell business transaction accounts.
- Partner with other lines of business to meet customer needs and to achieve established production goals.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of current Bank products and services.
- Maintain confidentiality when handling customer requests and transactions.
- Gain a working knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to
- Provides timely and accurate resolution to account related issues and backs up operational duties and functions.
- Place holds on accounts as required and completes appropriate documentation for holds placed.
- 1 year recent cash handling, customer service and relationship selling experience required.
- Working knowledge of new account documentation and compliance in a financial services industry preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, experience, and relationship selling may be considered.
- The position may require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position with Heritage Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions and attend required training.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, and/or extended hours, as needed.
- May be exposed to potential risk and hazards associated with criminal activity (e.g., robbery and/or attempted robbery, fraud, security) - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com