Heritage Bank is seeking a Facilities/Maintenance Technician at our Northern Operations Center in Lynnwood, WA. The Facilities / Maintenance Technician performs maintenance and repair activities for the buildings, grounds and facilities of all Heritage Bank locations, in a timely manner, following all safety rules and standards.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Provide safe and clean conditions for all employees and customers; will assess and consider the following on a daily basis: safety of all employees and customers; security of the bank’s assets, and timely response and service to all locations. Helps to ensure all buildings are in good appearance and maintenance policies, procedures, codes, regulations, etc., are adhered to and enforced, including safety systems and standards.
- Review daily work schedules in preparation of established daily and weekly priority items. Ensures materials and tools are available to respond to activities identified on daily work schedule, in a timely manner.
- Accurately updates facilities maintenance log on a daily basis to reflect completed items and notes of outstanding issues pending resolutions. Prepares various reports for management, as requested.
- Perform general maintenance work and may conduct repairs to the facilities and premises, as assigned, including painting, patching, basic electrical, plumbing repairs, furniture repairs, walls, ceiling tiles, carpeting, floor tiles, replacement of lamps, ballasts, cleaning of light fixtures, maintaining and/or replacing door hardware, etc. Determines and recommends when a professional contractor is required. Obtains telephone/written estimates and quotes of materials and equipment needed for repairs and completion of jobs.
- Remove blockages to restroom/kitchen facilities to restore the flow and drainage of waste water and products, using appropriate tools and materials (e.g. hand, electrical and sewer snakes, plunger, caustic chemicals and acids, etc.).
- Conduct physical inspections of facilities, premises, hallways, common areas, restrooms, etc., noting items in need of repair, maintenance, cleanup, or is a hazard; reports items to appropriate building staff for timely resolution.
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves. Transports goods and/or equipment, as needed and assigned; conducts and/or coordinates the physical movement of furniture, equipment, boxes, and materials, as needed, for meeting and conference room set-ups, facility events, and relocation of occupant moves.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Education or technical training in a field related to building and facilities maintenance through a recognized vocational, trade, technical school or equivalent –desired.
- 4+ years of recent experience in facility maintenance/repairs – required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner. Project a professional image through appropriate attire and appearance, ethical behavior, personal responsibility, punctuality, flexibility, and respect for confidentiality.
- Effective listening, verbal, written and telephone communication skills with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well; and demonstrated ability to follow instructions and respond to management directions in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact professionally with contractors, skilled trade, and/or vendors to resolve issues and/or concerns, in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills; with the ability to independently manage multiple assignments, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met with minimal oversight, direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a team contributor to complete work assignments satisfactorily and within acceptable timeframes; flexibility in responding to changes in schedules and job priorities.
- Maintains working knowledge and ensures compliance with safety practices and principles, applicable laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, security, local/state/federal building codes and internal policies and procedures.
- Ability to proactively recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures; general working knowledge of HVAC systems, pumps, and motors.
- Ability to use power tools (circular saw, saws-all, roto hammer, drills, grinders, nail guns, etc), and follow all safety rules/standards when using equipment.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques required in lifting, moving, stacking, storing, and protecting tools, equipment and materials.
- General understanding and use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook); with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence in electronic formats; working knowledge of facilities and maintenance tracking systems; with the ability to adapt to and learn new technologies quickly.
- Must be able to use personal cell phone to send and receive text and pictures, as outlined in the Bank’s BYOD policy. Employee must be available for calls or to periodically check messages and return calls/text during non-work hours.
- Must be able to travel to various work-site locations, on demand; valid driver’s license, clean driving record, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation.
- Exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule with availability to respond to after hours and weekend calls.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile, and various hand/power tools, which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; on occasion, may be required to lift items weighing 50-100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to distinguish frequencies and sounds, color codes and odors, in the operation of equipment, troubleshoot for repairs. Is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and frequently required to sit; climb (i.e., ladders, platforms, etc.) or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Intermittent use of ladders exceeding 8’ and working on roofs exceeding 40’ in height.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com.