The Deposit Operations Specialist position is responsible for providing accurate and thorough bank operational and processing support in assigned functions within the department, while ensuring proper processing and maintenance of deposit products and services in accordance with department and regulatory guidelines, and within prescribed deadlines.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external customers in accordance with Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Performs basic customer account maintenance in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Learn and reconcile basic general ledger account reconciliations.
- Reconciles all department general ledger, and bank control accounts assigned to department.
- Responds to, researches and resolves customer and staff requests for assistance in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contributes to the success of the department with willingness to cross train and share in assigned department responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of recent clerical accounting experience in a financial services industry - required.
- Recent experience in retail banking and/or deposit operations support with working knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain and manage personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer, with the ability to provide clients with information, data, advice and solutions, as well as gain their trust and respect.
- Effective listening verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues and follow up items over the phone and via email; ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, problem-solving, data review, time management and processing skills, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; general math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors, to process debits and credits accurately, and adhere to customer instructions.
- Ability to gain working knowledge and understanding of principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing the Bank’s core processing or similar application – preferred.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 - 10 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com