- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- 5 years’ recent experience in bank operations and/or retail banking, which includes working knowledge and proficiency in all consumer online / mobile banking and bill pay services and support, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a lead and/or supervisory role, within a financial services industry - required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Exhibits professional and effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills (correspondence, reports and email), with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate and develop a high performance work team and monitor workflow and schedules; employee development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are required.
- Strong analytical reasoning, problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals and reporting requests and staffing schedules, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Strong understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned areas of oversight, and working knowledge of the Banks’ products and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook); and working knowledge of financial services industry core processing and automated banking systems, i.e., Fiserv or equivalent; with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and/or customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, remotely and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, walking, climbing, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 lbs. (files, boxes, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com