Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization. We are looking for people who want more than just a job – who want to build a career and make a difference in the communities where they live and work by building and maintaining customer relationships.
The Bellevue Commercial Banking Center is seeking an experienced Bank Teller to help customers meet their financial goals by providing exceptional customer service handling routine financial transactions and actively support branch sales efforts by identifying customer needs and suggest solutions through referrals.
This position is Full Time; typical schedule 40 hours; Monday through Friday 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Flexibility is required to work as needed to ensure adequate staffing for training or employee absences.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Perform routine paying and receiving duties. Accept deposits, cash checks, and process withdrawals, transfers and issue negotiable instruments according to established Standard Operating Procedures, (SOP), and maintain an accurate cash drawer in accordance with assigned Authority Limits.
- Maintain confidentiality when handling customer requests and transactions.
- Balance daily work within standards and minimize risk by identifying any potential fraudulent transactions and refer questionable transactions to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of all bank products and services, and banking rules and regulations.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, security, and regulatory requirements.
- Actively recommend and refer bank products based on customer needs, and consistently achieve individual STAR sales goals as established by the leadership team.
- Effectively assist customers and answer questions, resolving any issues(s), or referring to manager, when appropriate.
- Share in branch responsibilities and may assist with organizing operational workflows, balancing daily transactions, certifications/audits, compliance, reporting and approving transactions, within assigned limits, and completing all assignments in a timely manner.
- Provide cross-functional training and serve as a positive role model within the team.
- Actively participate in branch marketing and sales promotions.
- May perform vault teller responsibilities and back-up FSA in all new account functions, as needed.
- May participate in community activities and functions to promote the Bank’s image and growth.
- 1 year recent cash handling and customer service experience in a financial services industry - required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, problem-solving, data review and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; math skills to locate routine and non-routine mathematical / cash errors, to accurately process and adhere to customer instructions.
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s products and services and demonstrated ability to actively support branch sales efforts.
- Understand and complies with the Bank’s policies, procedures, security, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to handle and deal with sensitive and confidential information, in a tactful and discreet manner.
- Competent use of office equipment and understanding / use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to adapt to and learn new technologies quickly.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions and attend required training.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- May be exposed to potential risk and hazards associated with criminal activity (e.g., robbery and/or attempted robbery, fraud, security) - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, fine count cash and operate a cash counter which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and duration of shift.
- Ability to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and carry.
- Occasional lifting to independently move or transport money and coin, 25-50 lbs., or files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com