Base Salary Range:
$18.16 - $22.70 - $27.25 per hour
At Heritage Bank, we work hard, but we also know how important it is to take time off to stay healthy, relax, and spend time doing what makes your heart happy!
As part of our team you’ll enjoy a total rewards package, which includes base salary based on the role, experience, and skill set, along with an exceptional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), community volunteer time), and generous time off policy. Full-time team members receive a minimum of 10 paid vacation days annually* and eight hours of paid sick leave per month*, while also enjoying 11 paid holidays each calendar year, and an annual float day. *pro-rated from start date, and/or hours worked. To view Benefits Summary: Apply > Current Openings > position > attachment.
Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are looking for team members for our Branch Banking Division, in Seattle, WA., who want more than just a job – who want to build a career and make a difference in the communities where they live and work by building and maintaining customer relationships, as a commercial banking associate.
At Heritage Bank, we create financial solutions enabling our neighbors to reach their goals. Our team works together, and is focused on building long-lasting relationships with our customers. The CBA is a multi-functional Branch Banking role, and in partnership with assigned commercial banking team, is responsible for delivering an exceptional customer service experience to new and existing customers and frequently opens complex commercial accounts, cross-sells and refers accounts and products / services in accordance with Heritage Banks’ Service Standards and in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
This position is Full Time, typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Flexibility is required to work as needed to ensure adequate staffing for training or employee absences.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide operational and transactional support, client relationship tracking, processing paperwork, and assembling and summarizing information, as requested and/or required.
- Open accounts in accordance with all account opening compliance requirements and account ownership verification procedures. Minimize risk by identifying any potential fraudulent transactions. Complete account documentation in accordance with Bank guidelines.
- Share in branch responsibilities and may assist with organizing operational workflows, balancing daily transactions, certifications/audits, compliance, reporting and approving transactions, within assigned limits, and completing all assignments in a timely manner.
- May perform routine paying and receiving duties, as assigned. Accept deposits, cash checks, and process withdrawals, transfers and issue negotiable instruments according to established Standard Operating Procedures, (SOP), and in accordance with assigned Authority Limits. Balance daily work within standards and minimize risk by identifying any potential fraudulent transactions and refer questionable transactions to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Gain working knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Actively participate in branch marketing and sales promotions; participate in branch functions and community activities to promote the Bank’s image and growth.
- Maintain knowledge of all consumer, commercial and treasury management bank products and services, and banking rules and regulations including complex commercial accounts with multi-layer ownership and documentation.
- Provide ongoing support and partners with commercial banking team to prospect, onboard and expand existing client relationships. Identify customer needs through proactive efforts and makes the appropriate referrals. Execute consistent sales/referrals and follow up standards as outlined in The Heritage Experience and maintain an organized system for service requests, sales and referral tracking.
- Actively contribute to the success of the team through individual goal attainment, self-development and completing all requests and assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required.
- 2 years’ recent experience in retail banking branch operations, sales, new accounts, relationship management and business development, which includes strong working knowledge of complex business documentation, and multi-ownership organizations – required.
- Current working knowledge of consumer lending programs - preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Effective listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills to clearly present outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, via email, and in person in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, federal/state regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Demonstrated and consistent sales and business development skills with the ability to identify customer needs and cross-sell the Bank’s products and services with confidence.
- Understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; math skills to locate routine and non-routine mathematical / cash errors, to accurately process and adhere to customer instructions.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments and goals, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments as well as the ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), strong understanding and working knowledge of the Bank’s core processing/operating system; with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- This position may require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position with Heritage Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
- Universal Banker, Personal Banker, Treasury Management Support, Products and Services, Financial Services, Business Banking, Business Account Opening
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule.
- May be exposed to potential risk and hazards associated with criminal activity (e.g., robbery and/or attempted robbery, fraud, security) - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, fine count cash and operate a cash counter which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and duration of shift. Ability to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and carry.
- Occasional lifting to independently move or transport money and coin, 25-50 lbs., or files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the min, mid and max of Heritage Bank’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, experience, and job performance. The range listed is just one component of Heritage Bank’s total compensation package for full time and part time employees. Depending on position, other total compensation rewards may include, monthly, quarterly or annual incentive, and/or bonuses.