Base Salary Range:
Level I - $18.16 - $22.70 - $27.25 per hour
Level II - $19.52 - $24.40 - $29.29 per hour
Depending on qualifications and experience, Digital Payment Specialist - EFT I or II may be considered.
At Heritage Bank, we work hard, but we also know how important it is to take time off to stay healthy, relax, and spend time doing what makes your heart happy!
As part of our team you’ll enjoy a total rewards package, which includes base salary based on the role, experience, and skill set, along with an exceptional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), community volunteer time), and generous time off policy. Full-time team members receive a minimum of 10 paid vacation days annually* and eight hours of paid sick leave per month*, while also enjoying 11 paid holidays each calendar year, and an annual float day. *pro-rated from start date and/or hours worked. To view Benefits Summary: Apply > Current Openings > position > attachment.
Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization!
Heritage Bank is seeking a digital payment specialist - EFT at our Southern Operations Center in Tacoma, WA. The digital payment specialist - EFT provides a full range of professional technical and general support to internal / external customers, as it relates to electronic banking products and services, with an emphasis on Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT), wire transfers and Automated Clearing House (ACH) processing. Primary responsibilities are to ensure all administrative and processing activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner and approvals are in accordance with policies, procedures, compliance and regulatory standards.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Research and responds to internal and external customer inquiries via email, phone or in person.
- Protects and maintains confidentiality with all customer financial data when handling customer requests and transactions.
- Process incoming and outgoing wire transfers, stop payments and returns accurately and timely.
- Reconcile assigned Wire and ACH general ledgers and ban control accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Acquire knowledge of departmental procedures, programs, products and services and Reg E and Dodd-Frank requirements, to ensure compliance with industry rules and regulations.
- Gain working knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Contributes to the success of all areas of Digital Services with willingness to share in all department responsibilities, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- Level I - A minimum of 1 year recent customer service, data entry, clerical and/or office support experience, demonstrating working knowledge of general office administration practices and procedures– required. Recent experience in Digital Banking and Digital Payment Services with working knowledge and understanding of Electric Fund Transfer and ACH processing and regulatory compliance – preferred.
- Level II - 2 years recent experience in bank operations, digital banking, digital payment services, and/or retail banking, which includes working knowledge and proficiency in electronic fund transfer, ACH processing and regulatory compliance in a financial services industry - required.
- Provides high level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to provide clients with information and data, as well as gain their trust and respect while maintaining personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer. Ability to escalate to next level management.
- Effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues over the phone, in person and via email; and ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with organizational, problem-solving, data review and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, and reporting requests ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met.
- Basic understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; general math skills to balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors, to process debits and credits accurately, and adhere to customer instructions.
- Ability to learn and gain an understanding and apply principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as gain working knowledge of the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 – 10 lbs. (files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the min, mid and max of Heritage Bank’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, experience, and job performance. The range listed is just one component of Heritage Bank’s total compensation package for full time and part time employees. Depending on position, other total compensation rewards may include, monthly, quarterly or annual incentive, and/or bonuses.