Base Salary Range Tier I
$72,180.00 - $90,230.00 - $108,270.00 annual
At Heritage Bank, we work hard, but also know how important it is to take time off to stay healthy, relax, and spend time doing what makes your heart happy!
As part of our team you’ll enjoy a total rewards package, which includes base salary based on the role, experience, and skill set, along with an exceptional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), community volunteer time), and generous time off policy. Full-time team members receive a minimum of 10 paid vacation days annually* and eight hours of paid sick leave per month*, while also enjoying 11 paid holidays each calendar year, and an annual float day. *pro-rated from start date, and/or hours worked. To view Benefits Summary: Apply > Current Openings > position > attachment.
Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are seeking a branch manager at our Tumwater, WA branch.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the overall profitability and goal achievement of assigned branch by directing and executing sales and business development activities, meeting operational objectives, managing employee development and engagement through consistent coaching and performance management in accordance with the Heritage Bank Mission, Vision, and Values. This position is also responsible for building the Bank’s presence in the communities served by the branch through prospecting and relationship development as well as active community involvement.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead and manage a retail branch to ensure that established production goals for deposits, fee income, loan production and other corporate goals, as assigned, are met or exceeded and customer service in the branch is conducted in accordance with the Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Lead and manage sales for the branch including mentoring and training branch staff in using standard relationship selling techniques to grow existing relationships and gain new customer relationships. Proactively execute and lead business development efforts. Build and maintain professional working relationships with all lines of business to ensure customer relationship building is taking place through cross selling efforts and referrals.
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual and quarterly business plans, including sales goals, income, and expense strategies to ensure maximum profitability for the branch. Provide leadership in communicating the bank’s overall strategy.
- Actively lead and train staff to ensure branch consistently adheres to all regulatory compliance standards, internal operational and credit controls and follows all operating policies and procedures. Ensure audit, security and compliance issues and/or concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Act as a liaison between branch and support departments.
- Develop skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Resolve escalated customer questions and/or concerns in a timely manner to maintain optimal branch performance in service quality, accuracy, efficiency, and manage risk prudently. Make and approve policy and procedure exceptions within assigned limits.
- Work collaboratively with Retail Management and Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approve personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all Bank’s products and services. Ensure successful implementation of marketing and promotional programs in the branch. Take leadership in rolling out new products and services.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of operational policies and procedures and thorough knowledge of federal and state laws/regulations pertaining to compliance, branch operations and consumer and small business lending.
- Represent the Bank in the local community through involvement in professional organizations, activities, and by attending civic and community group meetings and events.
- Monitor the physical appearance and condition of the branch and report needed improvements to the Facilities Department.
- Assist as back up for CSA and FSA positions, as needed.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of, and ensures bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to areas of responsibility.
- Ensures Bank activities are performed in compliance with the Bank’s Policies and Standards, in partnership with Enterprise Risk Management and other internal banking partners.
- 5+ years’ recent experience in a retail banking branch environment and a minimum of two years in a direct leadership and management role – required.
- Retail sales experience serving consumers and small business clients – required.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required. Associates degree or higher in Business, Accounting and/or Finance – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required to manage, motivate, and develop a team, and monitor workflow and schedules. Employee development, performance management, training and employee counseling skills are required.
- Ability to develop and manage income and expense budget(s).
- Advanced knowledge of all retail job functions, paying/receiving, operations, branch certifications and in-depth working knowledge of all retail products and services, consumer and small business lending, account and legal documentation.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, state/federal regulations, and policies related to assigned area of oversight.
- Consistent sales and business development skills with the ability to identify customer needs and cross-sell the Bank’s products and services with confidence.
- Strategic approach to problem solving and decision-making, with demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and independently make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Strong analytical reasoning, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals, reporting requests and staffing schedules, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of financial services industry core processing and automated banking systems, i.e., Fiserv or equivalent, with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- This position may require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position with Heritage Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation, as regular travel may be required.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturday’s and or extended hours, as needed.
- May be exposed to potential risk and hazard - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and duration of shift. Ability to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and carry.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports; typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, climbing, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting to independently move, lift or transport money and coin, 25-50 lbs., or files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the min, mid and max of Heritage Bank’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, experience, and job performance. The range listed is just one component of Heritage Bank’s total compensation package for full time and part time employees. Depending on position, other total compensation rewards may include, monthly, quarterly or annual incentive, and/or bonuses.