Base Salary Range
$18.16 - $22.70- $27.25 per hour
At Heritage Bank, we work hard, but also know how important it is to take time off to stay healthy, relax, and spend time doing what makes your heart happy!
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy a total rewards package, which includes base salary based on the role, experience, and skill set, along with an exceptional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), community volunteer time), and generous time off policy. Full-time team members receive a minimum of 10 paid vacation days annually* and eight hours of paid sick leave per month*, while also enjoying 11 paid holidays each calendar year, and an annual float day. *pro-rated from start date and/or hours worked. To view Benefits Summary: Apply > Current Openings > position > attachment.
Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are seeking an experienced loan servicing specialist in Tacoma, WA. This is an on-site position.
The loan servicing specialist is responsible for providing primary support to internal and external customers over the telephone and email along with analyzing, researching and processing semi-complex transactions to include loan payoffs, daily report review, collateral tracking, and participation loan payments.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide support to internal and external customers over the telephone and email utilizing professional phone etiquette and business communication skills; handle escalated servicing calls and inquiries to successful resolution in accordance with the Heritage Bank Service Standards.
- Process loan payments, incoming wires, escrow disbursements, and advances for all loan types.
- Analyze general payment discrepancies; facilitate general problem solving for branches and staff; and ensure accuracy of corrections in a timely manner to customer accounts and to general ledger accounts, within given authority.
- Ensure all appropriate collateral documentation is received, filed, and maintained, by monitoring tickler reports; follow up on pending documentation, which may require calling title companies, researching UCC’s filings and working closely with lending personnel to ensure the Bank is accurately collateralized.
- Calculate payoff statements upon request; determine release fees, prepayment fees and other outstanding fees to include in payoff statement; coordinate partial release payments with escrow companies.
- Post payoff transactions accurately to loan system and process all paid off/closed loan files per department procedures. Process the release of all types of collateral and supporting services, in a timely manner.
- Review and analyze daily reports and clear exceptions.
- Perform file maintenance activities, i.e., returned checks; automatic payments and tax registration set-ups for new loans. File supporting documentation in appropriate files.
- Assist in processing participation and government guaranteed loan transactions. Ensure accurate balancing, reporting, and remittance.
- Assist in processing third party tracking services, to include, but not limited to: delinquent tax letters, credit report corrections, PMI payments and delinquencies.
- Provide insurance to third party vendor for tracking, monitor reports for missing information and the need to force place insurance.
- May assist manager with training less experienced team members.
- Contribute to the success of the department with willingness to share in all department responsibilities and provide back- up assistance, as required or assigned.
- Understands and maintains working knowledge of, and ensures bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Understands and complies with all policies, procedures, standards and guidance relevant to assigned job responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- 2 years’ recent related customer service experience in a loan servicing and/or lending support role, which includes working knowledge across various functional loan servicing areas, in a financial services industry – required.
- Commercial experience - preferred.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers, and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Working knowledge and understanding of principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Knowledge of loan documentation, with the ability to read/interpret loan documents or authorizations, ensuring accurate data input and/or approvals have been attained.
- Ability to display initiative to independently learn and apply skills to improve errors and overall servicing quality.
- Knowledge of bank accounting practices including the understanding of debit/credit relationships; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine mathematical errors.
- Effective listening verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues and follow up items over the phone and via email; ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, ensuring that priorities are set, with the ability to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work well both independently and collectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency and accuracy are required.
- Flexible with and accepting of change in a fast paced environment, with willingness to learn new skills.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Strong knowledge of financial services loan systems and experience utilizing loan servicing and client file management applications, i.e., Fiserve/DNA - required.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10 - 30 lbs., (files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the min, mid and max of Heritage Bank’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, experience, and job performance. The range listed is just one component of Heritage Bank’s total compensation package for full time and part time employees. Depending on position, other total compensation rewards may include, monthly, quarterly or annual incentive, and/or bonuses.