Base Salary Range:
Level I - $22.56 - $28.20 - $33.85 per hour
Level II - $24.25 - $30.32 - $36.38 per hour
Depending on qualifications and experience Relationship Banking Assistant I or II may be considered.
At Heritage Bank, we work hard, but we also know how important it
is to take time off to stay healthy, relax, and spend time doing what makes
your heart happy!
As part of our team you’ll enjoy a total rewards package, which includes base salary based on the role, experience, and skill set, along with an exceptional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), community volunteer time), and generous time off policy. Full-time team members receive a minimum of 10 paid vacation days annually* and eight hours of paid sick leave per month*, while also enjoying 11 paid holidays each calendar year, and an annual float day. *pro-rated
from start date, and/or hours worked. To view Benefits Summary: Apply > Current Openings > position > attachment.
Heritage Bank has an exciting opportunity to join our
The Lloyd Branch, in Portland, OR, is seeking a relationship banking
assistant to deliver an exceptional customer service experience to
new and existing customers, and works in partnership with commercial banking
teams. Provides in-office customer service, including transaction
processing and account maintenance in compliance with all regulatory
requirements. Actively recommends products, services, and solutions for the
benefit of the customer, in accordance with Heritage Banks' Service Standards.
This position is Full Time; typical schedule is Monday through
Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Flexibility is required to work as needed to ensure
adequate staffing for training or employee absences.
The successful candidate:
- Performs routine paying and receiving duties and balances daily work in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and assigned Authority Limits. Minimizes risk by identifying any potential fraudulent activities or transactions and escalates to management in a timely manner.
- Performs required “Know Your Customer” due diligence when processing transactions and responding to customer requests.
- Supports commercial partners with sales and relationship expansion activities. Provides operational support, client relationship tracking, processes paperwork, and assembles and summarizes information, as requested and/or required. Gains understanding of work flow demands with proper use of internal technology.
- Opens new accounts and completes account documentation in accordance with Bank guidelines, all account opening compliance requirements, and account ownership verification procedures.
- Assists branch with organizing operational work flows, balancing daily transactions, certifications/audits, compliance, reporting and approving transactions, and completing all assignments in a timely manner.
- Gains and maintains working knowledge of all bank products and services, banking rules and regulations to include complex account ownerships.
- Actively participates in commercial team’s marketing and sales promotions; participate in market functions and community activities to promote the Bank’s image and growth.
- Actively contributes to the success of the team through individual goal attainment, self-development and completing all requests and assignments in a timely manner.
- Gains working knowledge of, and ensures bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Understands and complies with all policies, procedures, standards and guidance relevant to assigned job responsibilities.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree Business, Marketing, Sales, Finance or relevant discipline preferred.
- Level I - 1 year recent experience in commercial and/or retail branch banking, which includes cash handling, new accounts opening and documentation, relationship management and sales skills, in a financial services industry – required.
- Level II - 2+ Years recent experience in commercial and/or retail branch banking, which includes cash handling, new accounts opening, documentation and compliance, relationship management and business development and sales skills, in a financial services industry required. Current working knowledge of consumer lending programs preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively as a team contributor to develop and maintain open, professional, positive, and productive relationships; demonstrate cooperative behavior with management, business partners, customers and co-workers.
- Effective listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills to clearly present outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, via email, and in person in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Demonstrated sales and business development skills with the ability to identify customer needs and cross-sell the Bank’s products and services.
- Ability to gain understanding of and apply principles, procedures, compliance requirements, federal/state regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; math skills to locate routine and non-routine mathematical / cash errors, to accurately process and adhere to customer instructions.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments and goals, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with moderate supervision.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), strong understanding and working knowledge of the Bank’s core processing/operating system; with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- This position may require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position with Heritage Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays and/or extended hours, as needed.
- May be exposed to potential risk and hazards associated with criminal activity (e.g., robbery and/or attempted robbery, fraud, security) - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, fine count cash and operate a cash counter which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and duration of shift.
- Ability to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and carry.
- Depending on location, occasional lifting to independently move and/or push cart to transport money and coin, 25-50 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all
qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights.
Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application,
please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the min, mid and max of Heritage Bank’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, experience, and job performance. The range listed is just one component of Heritage Bank’s total compensation package for full time and part time employees. Depending on position, other total compensation rewards may include, monthly, quarterly or annual incentive, and/or bonuses.